Let’s face it, good topics for videos aren’t always easy to come up with. It really sucks to have a video sit on your web site gathering dust because your video marketing topics simply didn’t hit home with your viewers or readers.
Well, dust-be-gone because in this article and video, you will learn a fast and effective method to find video marketing topics that will attract viewers to your video content who are already searching for exactly what you produced.
Here’s what you need to know before you even think of lights, camera and action!
Your Video Must Solve a Problem
When you are looking for video marketing topics for your marketing project, bear in mind the best marketing strategies are those that solve your customers or viewers problems. This can be challenging because when we go to create a video or piece of marketing material, we tend to think from our own perspectives or what we “think” our viewers want to see, which frequently is way off base.
And a vanity video of you telling customers about you and your business may be good for the “about me” page, but it won’t make you money. So you must find a way to learn what your customers want and give it to them. Too much work goes into a production to have it linger on YouTube or your website with no views or not generating income for you.
It’s up to you to create the video that shows the people you want to serve, how you or your product will help them.
The following are two strategies for finding video marketing topics:
1) Finding the topic through engagement
One sure fire way to come up with great video marketing topics is to engage with your customers.
- You can send out a quick google or survey monkey form that elicits the problems (within your niche or business) they currently face and aren’t getting solved. This is also a great way to re-connect with past customers and show you care.
- You can hang out in forums or on relative Facebook pages and simply watch the conversations for problems you can solve.
- You can also benefit from looking through competitors negative reviews. Find out what viewers are complaining about with your competitors service and create a solution that addresses those issues.
Now, if your business is newer and you have little to no customer base, don’t worry, the next method is the perfect place to start.
2) Use Keyword research (the fastest approach)
This method is actually quite time effective because you can expect to find your results within an hour and you’ll know you are on track because keyword phrases are what people are actually typing into their search bar when they are looking for solutions. The guesswork is pretty much eliminated.
Also, when you are in the beginning stage of your business, you really don’t have much of a customer base to pull from, so you will not be able to engage with them as you would in the first method.
Even if you choose the engagement route, you can narrow down the video marketing topics even further by doing excellent keyword research.
Keyword research has always been used to find topics for blogs and other online content. It is a fast and effective way to find the perfect video marketing topics and titles for your videos.
What to look for in your keyword search for video marketing topics
Here’s what you are looking for when it comes to choosing a keyword phrase that will become the title and topic of your video. I use the Jaaxy Keyword tool which is super easy to use and finds the key criteria I look for quickly.
- Low competition– The fewer the websites using your chosen phrase, the faster your video moves to the front of the line in the search engines, namely Google. Look for under 200 competing websites for any given keyword phrase.
- Enough search volume– High search volume would be great, although, most of the time, those high numbers come with a lot of competition for the same phrase. I want a number of 50 average searches per month or more.
- High SEO score– This will mean that the keyword has a high likelihood of being searched through a search engine like Google. If you are using Jaxxy, look for a 90 plus score
I’ve created this step by step video to show you how to come up with a Video Marketing Topic in under three minutes.
A quick recap
- Use your favorite keyword research tool or aa keyword tool like Jaxxy to discover the problems your viewer are already seeking solutions for.
- Identify grammatically correct search phrase for your video marketing topic and title.
- Look for low competition. Keep the number of websites competing for your phrase under 200.
- If you’r using Jaxxy, only look for a KQI of GREEN and a SEO score of 90 plus.
You can try Jaxxy here if you don’t have a keyword tool that works for you. They will give you 30 free searches. You will need to give them your email address to do so but it’s wort it.
Before I used engagement and keyword research, my video marketing topics were hit and miss. The key here is to start getting visitors to your sight with videos that offer solutions the their problems. Even if your top video doesn’t sell many services or products, bringing people to your sight through an informative and problem solving video will expose them to the other services you offer.
The bottom line is make helpful videos, a lot of them! People will show up and you will see the fruits of your labor in ways you never expected.
Until next time, that’s a wrap!